Monday, December 19, 2011

I heart makeup!

I was sorting through my makeup supplies over the weekend, and decided to paint my face! As one might notice, I like to mix beauty makeup with little drawings on the face to make things more interesting. I used to dread doing only beauty makeup because most ladies want the same thing. Makeup is inspiring and it's another form of art. It should be  more than just smoky eyes and pale lipgloss!! I appreciate how it alters a person's face dramatically with colors and depth. Of course, the sparkles are just fabulous, too!



Also, from my research, I've came across an artist named Louise Bourgeois. She does casting of hand gestures. "There's nothing so fraught with significance as the human hands" - this quote gave me some inspirations to do some casting of myself. Stay tune for upcoming sculptures~!

No comments:

Post a Comment